So, I collected a ton of “Quilt Patches” during the Fremont Earth Day Fair back in April. Now the time has come for me to figure out a way to sew them all together. The problems I am facing are the fact that the materials I am using are extremely fragile and usually do not get sewn together with a sewing machine. Ignoring those two obstacles, I don’t think I should have much of a problem.
Since the quilt is made up of newspaper and manila folders, I wanted to protect it with some kind of covering. I found some old transparencies my husband donated to my “reuse it” pile of materials and it is working out great! I am sewing the the plastic transparency to the top of the patches and sewing the patches together at the same time.
I don’t know how large the quilt is going to be yet, as I am just sort of organically sewing it together. That seems to be the way I work when it comes to sewing, I don’t know why. But, as soon as I am finished I’ll take a photo and show you the final project.
I have contacted a few people down in Fremont in hopes of displaying the quilt when it is finished. What I would really like is to have it on permanent display somewhere in the city. I’ll keep you posted (that’s the best pun I have ever made-I know, not very good.)by